We assess achievement of pupils during their time at Manor Mead in a number of ways, including discussion of progress at Annual Reviews.
A summary of pupils' achievement using formal assessment tools is detailed in the following document:
Data Assessment Review 2021-22
As most of our pupils are working below the level of the National Curriculum assessments, the information found of the government's performance tables website is limited. However, there is other information about the school held on the Department for Education website which you can view here. The government will not publish KS2 school level data for the 2021 to 2022 academic year. The last available public data is from the 2018 to 2019 academic year. It is important to note that the data from that year may no longer reflect current performance.
Both Manor Mead and Walton Leigh schools use ILP target data as our main form of assessment. Each student is set targets in four areas:
- Communication, Language and Literacy
- Personal, Social and Emotional
- Physical and Sensory
These targets are set twice a year by teachers, reviewed by school leadership, then agreed by parents during parent consultations. The targets are then evaluated twice a year and allocated a completion score between 0 and 3 stars
- 0 stars meaning no progress or very little progress
- 1 star meaning some progress, but not consistently half way to the target
- 2 stars meaning good progress, either more than half, but not the complete target has been achieved, or the target has been achieved, but not consistently
- 3 stars meaning the target has been consistently achieved
In addition, English, Maths and PSHE progress is recorded using P scales and the Beyond P8 levels used by SPAN schools
This progress is then reviewed by school leadership, who create a data report, which includes any trends and highlights any suggested interventions.
Some pupils are able to access national Year 2 and Year 6 assessments, however most students are dis-applied as they are working below the level of the tests