Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Disability Information
Manor Mead and Walton Leigh schools provide education for pupils with Severe Learning Difficulties.
The schools are able to make provision for pupils who have the following additional needs:
- Physical Disability
- Communication Difficulties
- Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
- Sensory Impairment; Hearing, Visual or both
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Challenging Behaviour
- Epilepsy and other additional medical needs
- Sensory Processing Difficulties
Full information can be found in our Special Educational Needs Information document
The Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) is the Head of School:
- Manor Mead - Tracey Penman (01932 241834)
- Walton Leigh - Annie Paget (01932 223243)
SEND Local Offer
The Children and Families Bill (2013) outlines the government's plans to require local authorities to publish information on services and provision across education, health and social care for children and young people aged 0 - 25 with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
Schools are required to publish a Local Offer which will show the special educational provision and support available to these children and young people and their families.